When I measure lie & loft with spec gauge, there were many clubs especially wedges having score line not parallel with face angle.
My measuring method is like the blow.
1. Mark on middle of score line.
2. Set the face angle in zero.
3. Put paper cards between sole and spec gauge apron, make these equal based on mark, and check lie and loft.
If I set the face angle in zero, scoreline became open.
If I set the score line parallel to line of spec gauge apron, face angle usually was closed about 2 degrees.
Here are the questions.
1. Is it right to see this like score line is not parallel to face angle?
2. Is it right to define this as a closed face angle club? Because, I think most players set up club head based on score line when they set up address.
Thank you for reading my questions.